Lake Tahoe boasts 14 Alpine Skiing and Snowboarding resorts, with more than half of them considered World-Class destinations. Whether you are a beginner looking for lessons, a family of intermediate skiers, or an advanced pow-slayer, the Tahoe area has a resort for you – and many of them boast incredible views of the Lake as well.
- Best resorts for beginners:
- Sierra-at-Tahoe, Granlibakken, Tahoe-Donner, Donner Ski Ranch, Soda Springs
- Best resorts for families:
- Northstar, Mt. Rose, Palisades Tahoe, Alpine Meadows, Sugar Bowl, Homewood
- Best resorts for advanced:
- Kirkwood, Mt. Rose, Palisades Tahoe, Alpine Meadows, Heavenly, Boreal