Thank you for your interest in leasing your winter home with Wells and Bennett Realtors. Winter 2023-2024 available homes will be posted on our website in early June after returning guests have renewed their leases or released their leases to new groups. These homes are located at North Lake Tahoe in the communities of Tahoe City, Homewood and Tahoe Vista/Kings Beach. We do not currently have any homes in Palisades/ Alpine Meadows or in Truckee. Our inventory of available winter leases will be displayed on our website. https://www.tahoerentals.com/ski-leases/. 2023-24 INVENTORY will be posted by early June.
If you see a home you are interested in the next step is to complete and return the attached questionnaire. Please read through our terms to lease so you are familiar with our process to qualify and lease a winter home with us. If you aren’t sure which home is a good fit for your group, we will be glad to help make recommendations to you.
Please note, with so few homes available, do have a firm requirement that all tenants have US credit and groups have previous winter lease references as a group (not your primary residential reference). Any group that is not currently residing together or can’t supply a winter lease reference will not be considered at this time. Also, we do require full payment all rental costs and prepaid utilities at 30 days prior to the start of your lease.
Please review the below terms and read the attached steps to confirm a winter lease with Wells and Bennett Realtors. Once you are qualified, and have to come to view a home, here is a link to fillable application. We will need one from every person over the age of 18 in your group.
2023-2024 Winter Lease terms
- All Ski leases have a five month min stay with a late Nov. or early Dec. start or four month min stay with a start after Jan 5. Deposit is 2 to 3 times the monthly rent depending on Homeowner requirements. Traditional ski leases do require full payment of entire lease term, due and payable at 30 days prior to arrival.
- Pets are not allowed in any of our homes without a pet addendum added to the lease and permission from the owner.
- Smoking and vaping are not allowed at any of our units both inside the home and anywhere on the property.
- All utilities are not included in the rental amount. Power and Gas to be transferred into the tenant’s name prior to lease start. The following utilities and services will be pre-paid prior to lease: internet/cable/phone, trash, water and pro-rated snow removal. If you would like these costs from last season’s lease, please ask and we are glad to supply.
- Hot Tub maintenance is required on all homes with Hot Tubs, along with a dump n scrub at the end of the lease. These costs are a tenant responsibility.
- Some homes require a bi-monthly or monthly cleaning service at the tenant’s expense and direction.
- All tenants who are part of the ski lease in any house must be listed with name address and phone number.
- It is a violation of our lease agreement to charge guest fees for people not on the listed on the lease.
- $150 administration fee will be required at time of full payment.
- Carpet cleaning at lease end is required on all of our homes.
- Professional cleaning of the entire home at lease end is required on all of our homes.
- All food and garbage must be properly stored due to the increasing Bear problem. If the home has a bear fence, Bear fences should always be left armed when the home is left vacant. Tenants are responsible for Bear break-ins when food is left out.
- Tenants are responsible for shoveling decks, bear bins, private hot tubs (if the home has one) and walkways.
- Keys are picked up at our office when power and gas has been transferred into tenant’s name. Please email confirmation of the transfer by providing Liberty Energy and SW Gas account numbers prior to lease start. Keys to the home will not be given out without a receipt of these account numbers.